Friday 21 December 2012

The End of the World

It is the 21st December 2012 or 21.12.12. The day on which, according to the Ancient Mayans, the world will end. Actually, the Mayan calender simply ends on this day - it doesn't predict fire and doom. But some people have taken it to literally mean the end of the world.

I came across a news article which helped to explain the actions of the sane and the not-so-sane ('insane' just feels rude - people are entitled to their views after all).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20764906

If it is the end of the world, it is a depressing feeling to know that I would die while revising for my January exams and trying to keep my mind off a failed relationship. Maybe just before I died I would call him and tell him that "Have fun in hell!"? Perhaps not.

No comments:

Post a Comment