Tuesday 11 December 2012

I want to go to Space!

Having decided that I need to start dreaming, I remembered that one of my earliest childhood dreams was to go into Space as an astronaut.

I've decided that this is something I will definitely do in my life. Now that Virgin Galactic is setting-up, it has made it a lot easier for members of the normal public to travel outside the bounds of the Earth and I hope that I will too!

I spent some time researching this, but couldn't find out the exact prices. Though I am sure I will need to save for a very long time if I want this dream to come true.

Going into Space will help me realise my own morality and help me acknowledge that the small things in life don't matter so much when we are a part of something much bigger. There's an entire universe outside! I have been feeling hopeless for so long, but just being able to see the Earth from outside will show me just how many opportunities there are on this planet that I haven't found or cared to explore.

I want to see the world too. I want to spend time teaching disadvantaged children English in a small town in Africa or South America. I want to meet an Amazonian tribe. I want to learn about the ancient culture of India. I want to travel to the North Pole and find Santa!

There is so much to do, why would I waste time over a painful past I can't change?

The only thing that makes me think twice is that the adventures are only worthwhile if you have someone to share them with. That is what hurts. Knowing that I could achieve everything and have no-one to talk to about my thoughts and dreams and hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment