Monday 24 December 2012

Sometimes I get inspired

It takes a quote to just shock you into reality sometimes and I am one of those easily 'shocked' people. I think this is a time in my life when I really need small things which inspire me to carry on trying to get control over my life back. As my friend, Jane, put it, once I get control over my work, sleep, health etc. I will be strong enough to move on.

The quote which inspired me today is:


This quote means a lot simply because over the past few months I have lamented over my life and how nothing has played out how I wanted it to, but this quote showed me that most of what happened in the past is due to the choices I have made.

At first I took it too literally, and pushed more blame on me for Adam's cheating - a result of my choices? But I now think this quote is a lot deeper than that. I chose to overlook the signs with Adam which were there all along. I held on for too long. As a result, I couldn't move on earlier and ended up more hurt by his mind-games.

When I lose interest in economics I realise that it is the result of me not pushing hard enough to get into the US universities I applied to. But there is no time for regret now. This is where another quote comes in:


Which means that though I may feel that I made the wrong choices in the past, every passing second means that I can still turn my life around. I've been looking at my age in a negative way for the past few months. Maybe it is too late for many things - I can't really look to start an Olympic swimming career now - but I also have a lot of time ahead to succeed in whatever I want to. I have the ability to push myself this year and get the results I want in the end-of-year exams which would give me the satisfaction of getting through the hell of the past few months and coming out on the winning side.

No comments:

Post a Comment