Friday 12 April 2013

So I called back

I mentioned that I got a call from a number I didn't recognise. When I called back straight away it had gone to voicemail, but I decided that I needed to make sure it wasn't someone who was trying to get in touch with me and expecting a call back.

So I called again tonight, except this time I turned my phone to hide my number - it would show up as "private number" and wouldn't say who was calling.


It rang.


And then someone picked up. Someone male.


I have no idea who it was, and I wouldn't dare to hazard that it was Adam. I don't remember exactly what Adam sounds like on the phone anymore since it has been over 4 months since we've spoken on the phone.


"Hello, who is this?" I asked.


"God. You sound so hot. Why don't you come over?"


"I'm sorry, I got a missed call from this number."


"Wow. Are you sure you're not extremely sexy? You should just come over."


"I..I think I have the wrong number."


"Aww you think you have the wrong number. Darling.."


And I cut the call.


I was shaking so much. Completely. I panicked and texted my friend Claire to ask her to call them up. She said she was in bed and would text instead.


So she sent a text: "Hey, who's this? My mate got a missed called from this number and we didn't recognise it"


They tried calling her back, but she didn't pick up and then got a text saying "whose this?"


She said she kept getting phone call after phone call (a classic Adam trait) but she didn't pick up.


I now have absolutely no idea who it could have been or what they wanted. Sure, it could have been a joke, but I am really really possessive of my phone number and don't give it out easily. So it must be someone in my close friends, but I know none of them would play a prank like this.


I've never ever had a prank phone call in my entire life. 


This would be the first. And I really hope this would be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment