Sunday 9 December 2012

Strong enough

A friend recommended this song and the lyrics were very empowering. I've never been a fan of Cher, but at this time, she's right:

Cher - Strong Enough

The lyrics:

I don't need your sympathy 
There's nothing you can say or do for me 
And I don't want a miracle 
You'll never change for no one 

I hear your reasons why 
Where did you sleep last night? 
And was she worth it was she worth it? 

'Cos I'm strong enough to live without you 
Strong enough and I quit crying 
Long enough now I'm strong enough 
To know you gotta go 

There's no more to say 
So, save your breath 
And then walk away 
No matter what I hear you say 
I'm strong enough to know you gotta go 

So, you feel misunderstood 
Baby, have I got news for you 
On being used, I could write the book 
What you don't wanna hear about it 

I've been losing sleep 
You've been going cheap 
She ain't worth half of me it's true 
Now I'm telling you 

Now I'm strong enough to live without you 
Strong enough and I quit crying 
Long enough now I'm strong enough 
To know you've got to go 

Come hell or waters high 
You'll never see me cry 
This is our last goodbye, it's true 
I'm telling you...

No comments:

Post a Comment