Friday 7 December 2012

Stop hating, start forgetting


When I came across this quote I though about how much time I had spent hating people. Not even consistently, but just now and then. So I might have hated my parents for a few hours when they had snubbed my work or when I could see that they were unwilling to listen to what I had to say. I might have hated friends who had said things behind my back, girls who had teased me about my looks, boys who had ignored me, an ex boyfriend who had cheated on me, friends who refused to be there for me.

If I had spent all those hours hating these people, on in the case of the ex-boyfriend, months, I had stolen time from my own life! I had given those hours away for free instead of spending that time on myself.

So today I learnt a lesson. Life's too short.

I can't afford to waste it. You can't either.


No comments:

Post a Comment