Friday 28 December 2012

5 weeks today



It is 5 weeks since I talked to Adam in person today.

It has been 5 weeks since I last kissed him.
It has been 5 weeks since I last held his hand.
It has been 5 weeks since I hoped he wanted me.
It has been 5 weeks since I believed we could actually work out.

And what a crazy 5 weeks it has been.

I was surprised to work out that over a month has gone by since I have had any (significant) contact from him and I feel fine today. There have been so many up and downs and so many times when I just wanted to tell him that I desperately wanted him back as I knew we were just meant for each other (yeah, soppy-cliché alert). But I am slowly coming to accept life as a single girl and as someone who is going to be enough on her own before she tries to get back on the dating scene.

I feel that most of the hurt is gone now; I'm not mourning the relationship anymore. I am healing. And though it hurts as it heals too, it is an enlightening feeling to accept that I can make it through this, no matter how many bad days I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment