Friday 7 December 2012

How I found out (the Facebook chat)


September 25
Adam
No to 'are you gonna answer' or no to 'has there been anything with Harry'

6:47pm
Amy
This is not talking
You want to talk? I do too.
I can't judge anything from a million miles away

6:48pm
Adam
I want you to answer my question regarding Harry
and I want you to be honest
what have you and him 'done'?

6:48pm
Amy
Why are you so insecure?
David? Harry?

6:48pm
Adam
what is he to you
all of them

6:48pm
6:48pm
Adam
Jesus Amy
and you think you're totally blameless for that?
frickin all of them
I have NEVER
EVER
EVER
been made to feel special even once in our time together

6:49pm
Amy
Don't

6:49pm
Adam
I've always felt bottom of the pile
Always

6:49pm
Amy
You're special to me.

6:49pm
Adam
It's just how I've felt

6:49pm
Amy
Special enough for me to want you.
For me to tell you that I think I might be falling for you

6:50pm
Adam
no I'm not. I'm Adam. I'm easy. I'm funny. I can make you giggle and make you feel special.

6:50pm
Amy
But that's never enough

6:50pm
Adam
How is that never enough?
How can I feel positive when I ask you a direct question and you ignore it

6:50pm
Amy
I'm never enough.

6:51pm
Adam
I want to know about Harry
please

6:51pm
Amy
It's always about me and some other guy
I'm telling you for the last time.

6:51pm
Adam
Amy

6:51pm
Amy
He's a friend. And we're talking on 3rd. Or earlier. I'm clubbing every night. You can pick me up from whichever club you want to whichever night.

6:52pm
Adam
He's a friend. Okay. Have you kissed him?

6:52pm
Amy
Read what I've written again?
I want to talk to you.
Not fb you
Not bbm you
Not text you
That's what you've always wanted
And I'm agreeing.

6:53pm
Adam
I have. And you haven't answered that question. Please answer the question: "have you kissed Harry?"
...
It's exactly what I've wanted and I want. Right now, I want you to answer that question
...
I need that answered
You need to understand that I need you to answer honestly.
Amy
This doesn't fill me with confidence tbh...
This is the exact behaviour that makes me feel non special
I think I'm going to need that in the future
It's a very simple question.
I think you need to think about my needs in this relationship.
I suspect there has been something between you and Harry because of you refusal to answer.
If there has been, it's important that I try and get my head around that.

7:00pm
Amy
Why can't you just listen to me sometimes?

7:00pm
Adam
please
answer
the
question

7:01pm
Amy
answer mine

7:01pm
Adam
I've had it
We're over

7:01pm
Amy
GOD

7:01pm
Adam
I'm sick and tired

7:01pm
Amy
Well then okay

7:01pm
Adam
I'm mostly sick though. Mentally sick.
Ill

7:01pm
Amy
Nothing's happened between me and him.

7:01pm
Adam
because I feel SO

7:01pm
Amy
You needed to know.

7:01pm
Adam
SO
SO
Frickin awful

7:02pm
Amy
You do?

7:02pm
Adam
I needed to know at the beginning.

7:02pm
Amy
How do I feel knowing you're enjoying your summer
with others?
ANd have NO time for me?
EVER?
It's always about you

7:02pm
Adam
I needed to know when I asked my girlfriend whether she'd had a thing with him and despite that- she simply couldn't answer

7:02pm
Amy
about what you want me to do for you
never about me.
No you didn't.
I needed an excuse to meet up and talk.
And you couldn't even give me that much time

7:03pm
Adam
Stop telling me how I feel Amy, I have had my heart torn out this summer
My summer has been unimaginably bad

7:03pm
Amy
Have fun with other girls.
And stop lying to me.

7:03pm
Adam
Having a good time with others. Yes. Friends.
How many girls have I kissed this summer?
One.
You.

7:03pm
Amy
Lying again?
Come on Adam.

7:03pm
Adam
No

7:03pm
Amy
DOn't take me for a fool.

7:03pm
Adam
No I'm not lying
what gives you this impression?

7:03pm
Amy
I wish you had the guts to tell me the truth
Guess not.

7:04pm
Adam
Oh
Can I ask why you're doubting m?

7:04pm
Amy
Don't bother asking.
What's the freaking point

7:04pm
Adam
Ask about something specific like I have with you (i.e. Harry) and I'll answer immiediately. I'll clear it up
I want names

7:04pm
Amy
You can't even bring yourself to trust me.

7:04pm
Adam
Tell me who I've kissed

7:04pm
Amy
I'm out of the picture
and you're having your fun.
Understandable.
All the bullshit about how you'll never go for anyone else.

7:22pm
Amy
tell me everything.

7:22pm
Adam
scared as hell
scared and fucking beat
I just wanted us to go and get each other
I didn't want to come and get you. I will, sure. but only if I can see that you're coming to get me, too
I wanted us to 'get' each other
I love you
But I love myself too
And I can't go through the depression I've been through for some of this summer, not again.
and when I ask you
'who is this guy'
I mean
'who is this guy'
and when you're upset that I'm getting weird about it, just ask yourself why.
Because I'm scared and fucking beat
Every bit of confidence that came from me was what you gave me. What 'us' gave me. Loved it. LOVED IT. And it was thrown away and stamped on and you know you're my one and only baby
Which makes it so frickin hard to recover
And I feel alone

7:27pm
Amy
You think it's hard for you?

7:27pm
Adam
yes I do.

7:27pm
Amy
I trusted you

7:28pm
Adam
why DON'T you trust me?
there have been no other girls.

7:28pm
Amy
I wanted to fall for you and I needed you to prove that the summer was strong enough
I needed you to prove it without me saying that I loved you

7:39pm
Amy
I wanted to be there for you as much as I could
But you instead pushed me away further and further
when you told me about anything that was upsetting you
I was there

7:42pm
Adam
look at our summer
whats happened?
I want you
But I have had a hard time
And I ned to understand
And I'll be there
from now on
come on

8:01pm
Adam
Basically I'm going to swim. I'll be back by 9:15. I have a lump in my throat, and I can't believe how I'm being made to feel. I haven't been in constant contact because it's been very difficult. Very hard.
The girls? Okay, let's start with Christina (the German one). Exchange student, whose house mum is Henry's familys' friend (Henry is a boy). Herself and the other girl, whose name I have actually forgotten, needed to meet people. Furthest I've been with her? She has put her head on my shoulder I think. I didn't make it awkward and suggested getting another drink so I could move.
Mexican people...explained.
Others....take your pick from a whole bunch and I may have smiled at them.
That's me.
And this is you, in MY eyes (might not be you)
David: Once he got a new gf I asked how you felt. You said you didnt know. Off guard you said maybe even jealous. I swallowed that pill. That evening was wrecked for me. You wouldnt have known, it was just another pill
I asked you if you slept with him or anyone else, you said no. You lied. I don't mind about that. I don;t mind that you've slept with people and I haven't. It's no big deal. I mind being lied to. I mind not knowing whats going on with Harry because of that lie. And you don't understand that? And you answered after we split up?! There was no attempt to give me any form of security.
Harry: If he's asked you out its obvious you've spent alot of time with him. That doesn't sit well with me.
Your holiday:
The 4 weeks before your holiday killed me. We'd split. I spent every day calling texting crying. I was happy when you took me back but I couldnt just be calling you all the time. And now I havent and you're giving me the elbow.
I question ANYTHING
I try and explain anything..
Its like you're walking out of my life. Deletion of bbm as contact. Ignoring calls (previously), saying have a nice life etc.
Its so fragile. I'm scared and weakened by everything and in one week you can give it all back, we can talk and move on if we both so wish
I don;t like the accusations.
I'm so so so so so so so so so so tired. Of fighting. Its a relationship not a test. But its been a year and I need more security. Sorry for needing that. Thats me. I'll give you every piece of security and I'll give you eeverything.
..If we work.
And we will, if you want us to. But I need to do well at uni this year (clever two shoes Amy doesnt need work, Adam does) and I can't chase chase chase and feel emotionally distraught. My doctor says that.
I know you don;t believe me but I love you and wouldn;t have hung around or done what I;d done thus far if I didn't. If I could save one person in the world it might- just might- even after everything, be you. Because I believe.

8:26pm
Amy
I've said before. You know all the right things to say. It's just easy for you. But you can't keep expecting me to believe it every goddamn time. You say things and then disappear for days. We didn't have contact for a few days in the middle. And you didn't for a second make me feel wanted over the past month. It was just a game to you. You got hurt, and you got over it. Next.

8:27pm
Amy
It's so hard because every time I've ever been with a guy he's made me feel when I'm not there the same as when I am.
If our relationship was cooling down in person, it was the same over the phone.
If it meant a lot, he made it known even when I wasn't there.
The guys..God.
This summer has helped me a lot with my self esteem. I know that I can get any guy I want.
It's not hard.
I'm over the low self-esteem feeling I had before.
I believe in myself now. I know that I'm good enough for people out there and that's a big difference from before the summer. And I did it without you.
You weren't a part of it.
And..
I don't even remember saying I was jealous of his new gf.
It felt a bit odd I guess because he hadn't been with any other girl but me for a while and he was acting weird too.
I told you about that.
He would go on and on about her in front of me like he had something to prove.
And I just didn't get it.
I still don't.
You didn't seriously think I was sleeping with Harry while going out with you?
If I was, I'd do the same as I would expect you to do: tell me.
I would have told you.
There was nothing you could have done. Hell, you couldn't even have come and beaten him up.
Me and Harry have history.
It's a long story. I wanted to tell you in person, but that isn't happening so.
.
I don't like accusations either! And that's all you ever do. Accuse me of being with some guy or other. And of all the other guys trying to be with me.
And I've told you so many freaking times. You're done chasing. You had me already. All you had to do was keep me. Simples.

9:08pm
Adam
I'm here whenever, back from the swim.
I do know how to say the right things. Yep. But at this precise moment, thats all I can do
And you and Harry have history? Okay, so now it makes a bit more sense. 
I'm glad this summer has been good for your self esteem. Ofcourse you can get any guy you want! I think you should. If it's me, come and get me. If it's not, don;t settle for me.
And truly? Yes I am concerned because you can get any guy. Hardly good for me, that
And yes when you're talking about going round Chris's house and smoking dope (or watching him) and laughing on the other end of the phone when I'm mid 10 hr shift, I get accusatory
Even though that was never your intention, I have never been reassured of anything.
"But you can't keep expecting me to believe it every goddamn time."
It's not about that. It's that theres a girl I really like, will and have fought to keep hold of
And honestly, it doesn't feel like I'm done chasing
I've asked you about what you've been up to during the day at the bgeinning of your holiday and you're always reluctant to say
Can I ask you some questions?
Here we go:
Do you think we are/ can be special together?
Do you want to be with me?
Do you believe that we can recover from this and go on to become perfect for one another?
Do you think we're beyond repair?
here whenever..
it's 21:23 I hope you're coming....I really do.  xx

9:25pm
Adam
specifically can you tackle the questions

9:25pm
Amy
GOD.
You are still so frustrating.
FINE.
I thought we were special.
I do want to be with you.
No I don't think we can because we haven't tried and we don't know what to do. Either of us.
I said yes to the "beyond repair" last time.
I just don't know anymore.
I'm sorry I've only just noticed.
But CHRIS!??

9:27pm
Adam
I know you did last time that's why I asked again

9:27pm
Amy
ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?

9:29pm
Amy
And you were going on and on about how he was asking me for sex
Like really?
I mean COME ON.
And why do you feel like you're still chasing?

9:30pm
Adam
what do you mean by COME ON...? How was I meant to know how you felt?

9:36pm
Amy
mhmm
You said "we're over"
stop taking it back everytime

9:36pm
Adam
can you please give me the chance to think about and then articulate an answer for you?

9:36pm
Amy
or stop expecting me to make you take it back

9:36pm
Adam
wouldn;t you rather have something that I'd thought hard about?

9:36pm
Amy
You can't take words back
fine
I'll wait

9:36pm
Adam
okay

9:38pm
Adam
I feel like I'm still chasing because I haven't ever 'felt' like a boyfriend. Tonight even, you didn;t try and stop me when I said we were over. It was like all those words you said disappeared with 'fine'. That was that. And I think we're fragile. I feel like I have to make an active effort to keep you (and that if I don;t you'll simply say that its time we moved on). I don't know why exactly. I know you wouldn't be with someone unless you wanted to be. But when I'm with you I'd really like to have some of that coming the other way too. Then it would feel less like chasing and more relationship.

9:38pm
Adam
and you can take words back.
and if you'll have me, I will.
keep asking. I'll answer what you want/
/ isnt meant to be there
I dont see how us being together on 3rd night and me being able to come and get you and you wanting me and visca versa has transcended into : Guess you're gone.
I'll see you at university, Adam.
Freshers week probably
I just don;t see how
are you there?

9:43pm
Amy
yes

9:44pm
Adam
fire away
ask and you'll get
specifics

9:46pm
Amy
I doubt you would put up a "in a relationship" status now

9:46pm
Adam
I would

9:51pm
Adam
I think you've seen a couple of photos and jumped the gun a bit, Amy. The past month, there have been no 'girls'... and okay

9:51pm
Amy
okay Adam
If I put up one of my holiday photos on the beach with all my friends who are guys. Including Harry as my pp
and then said nothing happened.
You wouldn't question it?

9:52pm
Adam
I would indeed
I would question that instantly
I wouldn't like that

9:52pm
Amy
Then?
Why should it be different the other way round?
Just because I don't care what you do with other girls?

9:53pm
Adam
A pub is slightly different to a beach. Also I know nothing happened with the girls. I know that.
and because I asked if we'd go to the beach together and you didn't want to

9:53pm
Amy
How is it different?

9:54pm
Adam
it's different because they're wearing coats and you'd be wearing practically nothing. And because you've denied us the chance to go to the beach or something special like that. I suppose. And because you're gorgeous and any guy on that beach wouldve wanted you. And you couldve got with any guy on that beach

9:55pm
Adam
"Just because I don't care what you do with other girls?"
really?

9:55pm
Amy
So because I'd be showing more skin on camera it certainly makes it unacceptable?
I've already said. Do what you want and tell me.

9:56pm
Adam
But I don't get that

9:56pm
Adam
I don't get why you wouldn't care

9:56pm
Amy
yes
Because that way I'd know.
I'd know you trusted me enough to tell me
you felt guilty enough/cared enough to tell me
It wouldn't matter that you had
it would matter than you had then regretted it
and we'd be starting over sure
but we'd be starting over truthfully

9:58pm
Adam
but heres my problem

9:58pm
Amy
I wouldn't say "I do" to anyone who didn't tell me everything

10:00pm
Adam
is it just that you need me to share these things to make us 'equal'? Is that why the 'have you had sex' question been so important? Because if theres something you're not telling me because you're worried I haven't done those things too, I can't help by making stuff up... I made up my only other girl. I did sleep with Gemma

10:00pm
Adam
I told you about her

10:00pm
Amy
don't bullshit me Adam

10:01pm
Adam
I'm not.

10:01pm
Amy
It's about you telling the truth
that is all.
That's all it has to be
there's no equality
I don't believe in being equal to anyone

10:01pm
Adam
Okay so if I said I'd kissed one other girl this summer what would yo say?

10:01pm
Amy
it's worse or worse
I'd say who and why and when?
And move on

10:02pm
Adam
But I can't handle that reasoning

10:02pm
Amy
Because it is worth knowing rather than hating you for it
Well then you just don't get why relationships are meant to work
That's my reasoning.
It's my way of knowing that you told me

10:02pm
Adam
But if I haven't done anything, I can't say anything, can I?
can I ask you a question? In terms of guys, do you only trust those who have betrayed you in some way?

10:05pm
Amy
that's for you to tell me, right?
no
I trust those who prove themselves to me
So I guess I have yet to get there
I trust David as a friend. Not as a boyfriend.
There's a difference

10:06pm
Adam
even seeing that name makes me ill...I had to do all this research in my internship right. Practically all CEOs are called David. Its insane! I had to quit.
and it is. And I'm telling you.
I think trust is very different for us
To me, I always 'give' trust. To everyone. Some abuse it, some don't.
It seems with you you don't give it until proven

10:07pm
Amy
Okay Adam you can't be serious.

10:07pm
Adam
very different, but it's hard to prove yourself when what you have to do isnt based on trust in the first place
HAHA I'm bing serious
being
I've had an awful, awful condition for some time

10:08pm
Amy
Well it's a nice name?

10:08pm
Adam
It is a nice name, yes
brb

10:08pm
Amy
So that's why it's popular
okay

10:08pm
Adam
literally brb
bk

10:10pm
Amy
What's your awful condition?

10:10pm
Adam
its actually not the reason its popular. I've read a paper on name picking
annnyway
the condition I've had because of 'us'. I've been ower than I've ever thought possible and had this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takotsubo_cardiomyopathy
it one reason I swim so much

10:30pm
Adam
if you want, you can come and see me on the 3rd

10:31pm
Adam
I'll pick you up

10:31pm
Amy
....

10:31pm
Adam
bring you back

10:31pm
Amy
we're not doing this again

10:31pm
Adam
you can wear a tee shirt of mine to bed

10:31pm
Amy
don't you see how much it takes out of us?

10:31pm
Adam
I do actually, yes
I leaves me feeling so ill

10:31pm
Amy
Then there's no point

10:32pm
Adam
well
I do fancy you

10:32pm
Amy
Okay
then do something
I know you hate tests
but this is one

10:32pm
Adam
oh jesus
okay

10:33pm
Amy
Put up a "In a relationship" status for the next 4 days.
You can remove it on saturday night
You can say no

10:33pm
Adam
but I'm not in one

10:33pm
Amy
You don't have to
I know

10:33pm
Adam
I don't want to

10:33pm
Amy
Okay

10:34pm
Adam
That just hurts

10:34pm
Amy
What does now?

10:34pm
Adam
the ida of having to take it back down again
the idea of you not coming over
the idea of being apart from you

10:34pm
Amy
You're good with words

10:34pm
Adam
it all just hurts

10:34pm
Amy
But I just don't believe that's the reason.

10:34pm
Adam
no Amy, I'm shite with words.

10:35pm
Amy
No Adam
You're bad when it comes to make them meaning something
But when it's just tweaking things you're fine with it.

10:35pm
Adam
you know the first time I said I loved you
you know the first thing you did was be silent
you didnt smile

10:36pm
Amy
You know when you said it?

10:36pm
Adam
you didnt even say 'dont be silly'

10:36pm
Amy
Do you even remember?

10:36pm
Adam
yeah
yeah

10:36pm
Amy
When?

10:36pm
Adam
you were laying down on your purple duvet. I was sat 'up' farther down the bed.

10:37pm
Amy
You expected me to say "don't be silly"?!?? You're crappy with words sometimes.

10:37pm
Adam
it was the purple one not the blue that time

10:37pm
Amy
when as in date/time/month

10:37pm
Adam
March 6th
late at night

10:37pm
Amy
Not true
Try again?

10:38pm
Adam
yeah I'm guessing
I think late February or early March. We'd been going out over a month
after about a month I knew I wanted to be with you
and that I loved you
and that I'd keep coming back like a helpless fool
I really you, your reaction, my reaction, the still image
remember

10:39pm
Amy
Okay nm
go on with what you were saying

10:40pm
Adam
yes you wre saying I'm crap with words having no meaning
well
when I said that you took away a nice moment

10:40pm
Amy
no you were saying something about me not even saying don't be silly..

10:40pm
Adam
yeh
you didnt say ANYTHING
not even a shut up
UNTIL
Maybe half an hour later you said 'are you just saying this to sleep with me'
I spent the next half hour convincing you that was not the reason
so I agree
clearly, I'm shit with words

10:41pm
Amy
No
That wasn't what happened
you remember it wrongly or partially

10:42pm
Adam
its what I have in my memory

10:42pm
Amy
you first told me you loved me
before we even started going out
in november or so

10:42pm
Adam
yes I know

10:42pm
Amy
And that time I told you to shutup

10:42pm
Adam
I remember first meaning it when I told you in this example

10:42pm
Amy
And I told you to never say it again until you meant it

10:42pm
Adam
correct
and then I did
so I do remember

10:43pm
Amy
But it was so shocking
There was no sign that you felt that way
you just randomly said it.
For a long time I couldn't even tell if you liked me more than a friend or just a friend with 'something more'

10:44pm
Adam
really?

10:44pm
Amy
And god Adam. Can't you even try to see it from my point of view?
Every guy has said that.
I don't know if any of them have ever meant it
and it's so hard to keep hearing it
and thinking "bullshit"
all the time!

10:45pm
Adam
I have tried but if someone said that to me I'd at the very least pretned to be happy and kiss them if they lent in
but I didnt see myself as 'just another guy' for you

10:45pm
Amy
pretend?

10:45pm
Adam
I saw myself as your future

10:46pm
Amy
I don't pretend.
It just makes everything harder

10:46pm
Adam
I'm saying I wouldnt have taken away from it so much in any situation
I know you dont
just wish you took risks

10:46pm
Amy
I took a risk with you.
Look where we are now
Funny thing about risks

10:46pm
Adam
wish you'd said things, done things and given yourself the opportunity to get hurt with me

10:46pm
Amy
It doesn't work out all the time.

10:46pm
Adam
cos I wouldnt have screwed that

10:47pm
Amy
Haven't you already?

10:47pm
Adam
No no no. You took other risks with me. Negative ones.
this isnt a one person thing you know
I never felt wanted Amy.

10:47pm
Amy
God I wish I could tell you everything
What are negative risks?
which ones?

10:48pm
Adam
and you cant, because you dont trust me? And you dont trust me because despite everything you think I'm gonna run off and tell people. People think youve been an angel with me. They probably think im a moron because of what you may have said. I dont care about them. Or anyone else. I care about us

10:49pm
Adam
I'd say not saying things that you shouldve at the right times is in some ways a risk
just a negative one

10:50pm
Amy
No because you haven't told me everything yet.
Or I just don't feel like you have.

10:51pm
Adam
but I'm really really boring
really boring
really really fucking boring
I have skeletons
I'm not proud of stuff
I have insecurities

10:52pm
Amy
How about if I told you I knew everything?
And that this is the last chance for you to tell me
or it's over forever
our friendship too
we'd only be working on the conference
and then once that's over there'll be nothing else
ever

10:53pm
Adam
I'd pull the conference in a second happily. I'm there for you. I helped you get the position from Max whether you see it that way or not. I'm a real bastard Amy
And if you said that
then I'd say come see me on the 3rd
and if you didnt then I'd be broken. But I wouldnt be your problem if you didnt want me to be. And you wouldnt even have to know
jesus christ also moment of relfection didnt max just wet himself
scared shitless kid
pwned

10:54pm
Amy
And why would I come and see you on 3rd?

10:55pm
Adam
I think you know you want to, anyway. And I think you'd get whatever you came for.

10:55pm
Amy
I can control what I want.
What does that mean?
Don't be implicit.

10:56pm
Adam
huh?
SO confused
I think you'd want to see me
you'd want that night
you'd want me
you'd want to lay there and talk like only we can
I think
and listen to my heartbeat (it's really slow now)
and kiss me
and cuddle me
I think thats what you want
I really hope it is

10:58pm
Amy
But you're not in a relationship remember?

10:58pm
Adam
I'd forgotten actually
thanks for the reminder
I think we could be after the 3rd

10:59pm
Amy
Are you kidding me, Adam?

10:59pm
Adam
in a really good one

11:00pm
Adam
I want you to come over on the 3rd. Sober.
And stay the night.

11:01pm
Amy
I'm going to camden before that.

11:01pm
Adam
ideally bring an overnight bag or sleep in my t shirt

11:01pm
Amy
No chance of being sober.

11:01pm
Adam
okay

11:01pm
Amy
And I don't intend to be sober anytime during freshers anyway

11:01pm
Adam
haha youre cute
but seriously, if you could be sober for one night, and show me that respect, it would mean alot

11:03pm
Amy
And how will I get a overnight bag?
No
wait
I'm not even going there
Adam how can you even expect this from me?

11:03pm
Adam
because its m
me
and I expect it from you
Because I want you
I just want to feel wanted back
And we can show us a good time
And I dont get relationships because Ive only been with one girl and shes frickin nuts although I do fancy her alot
I didnt have to question Harry you know
I couldve made it easy and guaranteed you coming over
but I didnt

11:05pm
Amy
No you didnt.

11:05pm
Adam
I was brave

11:05pm
Amy
And I didn't have to answer

11:05pm
Adam
So I'm saying be brave
cos I care who you're with
I care about you
your safety

11:06pm
Amy
Yes but that's not you anymore

11:06pm
Amy
I can't let you think that saying it's over is a little thing
make your decisions and live by them

11:07pm
Adam
I anted a reaction girl
wanted
I'm exhausted
I want you back
I'd say or do anything

11:07pm
Amy
You're not the only one
why?
so you can keep losing me again?
keep pushing me away again?
It's getting tiring for me too
and I keep asking why you won't open up to me.
And I have no answer

11:07pm
Adam
I think you're the problem too, baby
its not just me

11:08pm
Amy
and then I have choices and they keep telling me why I'm with you
And I can't keep looking for answers
if you can't provide them
You make it too hard for me

11:08pm
Adam
I just want you to come over
and if you could 'peer' inside my head this whole thing would seem so different
you'd realise just how tough its bn
been
and how much I desire you

11:09pm
Amy
Not much.
That's the answer

11:09pm
Adam
no. It's YOUR answer.

11:09pm
Amy
You didn't
no Adam
it's the answer you proved

11:10pm
Adam
proved by saying I'd had enough?
After I asked countless times about Harry and you ignored and ignored and ignored me
girl

11:10pm
Amy
Proved by you thinking it's easy to start again every time to keep saying it's over

11:10pm
Adam
I'm a guy
not some God

11:10pm
Amy
So is he.
He tries to be there for me when I was upset over you!
When you didn't bother to be there for me

11:11pm
Adam
hahaha sure
Amy, he'd be there all the time you were upset over 'me'- such an opportunity for him
didnt bother?!
when I asked you out and you went on holiday that wasnt 'us' back to normal
that was me waiting for you to come back so we could begin our lives together
how have we shattered that in one evening?
The difference between me and the others is that I'm gonna be there more than just when you're having bf trouble, if it comes to that

11:13pm
Amy
Again!??
Really?
God what is it with guys?

11:13pm
Adam
yes because you DONT REALISE HOW LOVELY YOU ARE

11:26pm
Adam
Amy
come over on the 3rd and tell me youre done
I want you baby

11:27pm
Amy
Not enough.
You've proved that repeatedly today

11:27pm
Adam
no I havent
Amy
look

11:27pm
Amy
And he's right because he didn't think you'd try enough for me, or I assume that.

11:27pm
Adam
LOLOLOLOLOL
I mean, really?
Are we forgetting that I chased you like a maniac

11:28pm
Amy
Until you had me? No we're not.

11:28pm
Adam
and even then
argh
coming to your room everynight
doing dumb stuff you dont even know about to try and impress you
just wanting to be with you

11:29pm
Amy
Until it got tough, then?
Can't you see?
You made it easy for yourself afterwards

11:30pm
Adam
I'm asking you
to come over on the 3rd
and talk
and say what you want
and stay over
lay beside me again
and, please
just do it
its a risk I know
but come with a good heart
open mind
please
Amy
its for your benefit too
you control your own life this is me giving you control

11:31pm
Amy
I was going to
But then you took a stupid chance

11:31pm
Adam
I know
but I felt bad about the Harry thing

11:32pm
Amy
I feel bad about a lot of stuff that you simply avoid

11:32pm
Adam
what stuff?
name and I will say
ask away
ask me a question

11:32pm
Amy
For god's sake Adam!
I don't want to have to ask!

11:33pm
Adam
then come on the 3rd night and let me spill it all

11:33pm
Amy
I want you to tell me
Don't.
Do it now

11:33pm
Adam
let me give you that

11:33pm
Amy
And I'll come

11:33pm
Adam
okay
okay sure
this summer I kissed one other girl. Her name is Lucy, shes not in any photos. It was two kisses
I went to the cinema with another girl
and shes just a friend
as in, lifelong
that is it
and
we were not together at this point
also
at 17 I had a gambling addiction
erm
a crippling one
I have hugged girls
thats it
and you were the first girl I kissed
it showed
that is it

11:39pm
Amy
Why did you deny it?

11:39pm
Adam
because i'm frickin scared
nd as you probably wont come on the 3rd you deserve to know
and because its totally meaningless.
and that- honestly, is my closet
I dont need to know yours
I just want you to come on the 3rd night

11:42pm
Amy
Why'd you do it?
And why didn't you tell me straight away?

11:43pm
Adam
because nothing compares to you and it was a bigger risk than the question regarding Harry.
and I have been thinking about our night for a bloody long time

11:44pm
Amy
Why did you kiss her?

11:44pm
Adam
because I was drunk and I felt 'wanted'. She was really flirty and made me feel special
and fyi I like older women too
and I am not pleased that I did.
But I feel better having said
there was also this other woman who I made laugh so much she declared I was the funniest person she'd ever met and she found that really attractive, but, at 35, she was too old
and I'm sorry
and right now all I want to do is kiss you
and I'm more sorry that I might not get that chance again

11:48pm
Amy
Why did you say no to changing your relationship status?

11:50pm
Adam
I know WHY you think I've done that. And you're wrong. It's because I'm not in a relationship and because when it comes to taking it down people will ask why. Also, if I put it up, I'll get loads of comments like 'oooh you finally did it' and it'll make me feel shit. The girls I could potentially meet aren't on fb- certainly not the 23yr old Brazilians that I'm into. So it's not for the reason you thought.

11:52pm
Adam
do you have another question?

11:55pm
Amy
So exactly when did you kiss her?

11:56pm
Adam
honestly I can't remember. That's the truth and I have no way of finding out. It was mostly flirting and talking and then she kissed me once and I then kissed her again. And then she left about half an hour later
It was in a restaurant garden at about midnight
another question?

11:59pm
Amy
You did this while telling me you loved me and you never looked at any other girl but me.

12:02am
Adam
I do love you but I was in the lowest point of my life. And if I'd be sober and able to articulate the situation it probably wouldn't have happened. There was no emotion behind the kiss- just "fun", although it wasn't because she was an awful kisser. And truly, I haven't met a girl that compares to you in many, many ways. But this whole night had been perfect and she gave me what I'd been lacking: she made me feel really good and was exceptionally good socially

12:03am
Adam
she was like a bad rebound. And I'm ready to commit to you, and have been for a while. And in all our time together, this was my only 'slip'.
another question?
also theres one more thing
that I have remembered
there was this American girl who came to the rocket once and we talked for a bit. She kissed me on the neck really quickly (as soon as I felt her I got away) and I did tell her I was in a happy relationship with you.
and thats the truth
do you have another question?

12:09am
Amy
Doing anything with any girls for the rest of the week?

12:11am
Adam
yes. I'm going to coffee with a girl called Alice. It's for the alumni scheme I run at TPS (our old school). Its purely professional, and I have no interest in her in 'that' way. The feeling is mutual (she hates m a bit infact). On Friday I'm out with a girl called Lorna and her group. Lorna is a lesbian. And no- thats not a joke. In Petersfield I have brilliant social standing and am often invited out for this reason. It sounds like bs, but she asked, and I said I would come out and make it a party. There is NOTHING of any 'relationship' nature that is happening.

12:12am
Adam
and that is true
another question?
and what do you make of all of this? Are you coming over on the 3rd night? Do you hate me? Do you like me? Do you want me in any way? Are you really disappointed?
and honestly, the closest I got to those Mexican girls is in the photo...
Amy I know it probably doesn't mean much but that really is the whole truth and I really do love you.
And if I didn't I wouldn't have told you.
please say something Amy

12:26am
Adam
sat here waiting for you girl
I'm getting food.
I'll be back in 10

12:36am
Adam
back
Amy
please talk to me
I'll stay up all night

12:44am
Adam
I'm really sorry Amy
I really hope you do indeed decide you come over on the 3rd night
I'm totally ready for 'us' and I want to see how we've changed
I'm so sorry you went offline
Honestly, this is the lot
and it's not much, right?
honestly girl I want you back and am prepared to fight for you
I'll stay online for an hour or so x

1:13am
Adam
I really want you to write back to me Amy
don't leave me
I was honest with you eventually and don't want to lose you. You're really really special to me
really special

1:22am
Adam
I love you. Please write back to me. x

1:36am
Adam
Still here
I really hope you see that I've been honest and that I still want you.
If you still want me, come on the 3rd night. I'll make it so so special for us. Baby, I want you.
x

1:52am
Adam
I am off to bed. Goodnight Amy. I have been hinest about everything and if you have more questions I'd be happy to answer. I miss us. I want you SO badly on the 3rd. x
love you x

September 26

9:07am
Amy
Thanks for telling me. I don't believe this happened while we had broken up, btw. Because even you couldn't be as heartless to cry in front of me and then kiss someone else. Even you couldn't have done that. So that means you cheated. Not much and not necessarily all your fault. But that's okay.

9:08am
Amy
I'm not coming over on the 3rd.
It's over. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment