Thursday 20 December 2012

Quality time with the family

Sometimes all it takes to feel a little better is to sit cuddled up next to your mom and pretend that the whole world is fine.

Today has been a difficult day in terms of moving on as I've been thinking about it and hurting so much the entire day. Also, the fact that I'm not close to many people makes it impossible to just call someone up for a 'chat'. But I spent a few hours sitting around with my family in front of the TV and messing around with the new surround-sound and home theatre system my dad has installed.

We flicked through music channels, most of which are playing Christmas songs and I just felt fine. Not happy, but I felt better. It's an odd feeling to explain, but it makes me feel safe and secure in myself. As long as I have my family around me, do I really need any one else?


No comments:

Post a Comment