Thursday 7 February 2013

Who is he loving now?


One of the greatest fears of breaking-up (as is commonly known) is finding out that the person left you and found true happiness with someone else and that she satisfied everything he ever wanted. He became convinced that he had done the right thing by leaving you.

But my friend told me otherwise.

She said that you are one of a kind. No one else on the planet can offer the exact same things you do as a complete package. His new girl could share some traits, but she will offer him new things, different things.

It hurts to know that she's right and in many ways Adam will be getting the things he didn't get from me from her. But it also means that he can never have what I offered. He may not want all the things I was able to offer, but he will certainly miss them. 

I really do think at times, that even if he was not the perfect guy for me, I was the perfect girl for him. I catered to the part of his heart which needed affection. I looked after his interests and I cared. Even when he said I was never there for him, I think he always knew that if something happened, I would be there.

He could look for another girl forever, but she won't be me. Maybe she will make him happier than I ever did, but not in the same ways or for the same reasons.

If you wonder about what your ex is doing and who he is loving now - it is merely someone different, not a better version of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment