Wednesday 13 February 2013

Too light to fall

The single thing that I was most looking forward to in my "21 before 21" list was sky-diving. But that has suffered a set-back. I emailed a sky-diving centre and was told that my weight was too low, "We don't have any instructors light enough who would fall at the same speed as you in freefall."

I am really disappointed, but as I hope to do this in June, I have time to build up my weight before then. I have been trying really hard to do this, keeping a calorie count that I need to exceed and drinking a post-workout protein shake, but the weight is still not increasing.

I think my best bet is to just continue and hope it gradually does go up. I believe that the main hindrance is the stress and my eagerness to skip meals when I simply 'can't be bothered'.

I really want to qualify as a sky-diver though, so perhaps that is motivation enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment