Saturday 16 February 2013

Post break up guy attempt 2

In December I wrote about the first 'approach' I had had following my split from Adam. A guy friend had told me that he wanted something more than friendship. Yesterday, it was guy attempt number 2.

I had recently become friends with Branton. He was introduced to me by a mutual friend and he was in all my lectures. He was a Chinese international student and had lived in the UK for a few years before starting at university. At first we just talked whenever we saw each other - random conversations about work, shopping, hobbies etc, but when I was running for the position of President of the Investment Society last Wednesday, I asked him to come and vote.

We exchanged numbers and he turned up. There was another guy who had offered to turn up and vote, but he didn't, so I didn't really expect Branton to, either.

I was happy to see him and the conversations were never awkward, which helped. But I was not at all physically attracted to him. He wasn't particularly good-looking and I couldn't ever imagine kissing him. I have noticed that a take a keen interest in lips now, and his didn't look smooth or kissable.

But yesterday he asked me out for dinner. And I said yes.

I'm not exactly sure why I said yes, given that I don't want a relationship with him, and I really don't want to sabotage another friendship either, but I guess it just feels good to get attention from a guy, something I crave more and more these days.

And you never know, I might just have a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment